We offer the following services:
Services For Insurers:
- Advising on individual bills of costs or issues surrounding costs generally
- Negotiation of claims from the presentation of costs through to settlement
- Strategic costs advice and planning in individual cases
- Strategic costs litigation; particularly at appellant level and in the Court of Appeal
- Advocacy at detailed assessments, applications or any hearing, whether in chambers or open court where costs are in issue. We have advocates who have rights of audience in every civil court, including the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Client training and in house presentations
- The drafting of formal pleadings, including Part 8 (costs only) originating process, court applications, formal points of dispute, etc
Services for Lawyers:
- Our advocacy team can undertake detailed assessments / applications or other costs hearings on an agency basis almost anywhere in England.
- We can deal with all types of claim; from run of the mill low value assessments to multi million pound hearings involving complex points of law.
- Our costs draftsmen can draft detailed and professional bills of costs for all types of claim. We are also able to negotiate on your behalf and serve replies / attend assessments if required.
- Please note that this service is only available to Defendants.
Services for the Public:
- Is your Solicitor’s bill of costs too high?
Keelys can use their expertise to help reduce your liability for costs to reasonable levels. We can help advise on bills and invoices, negotiate on your behalf, issue proceedings to have the costs assessed by a judge and represent you at an assessment hearing.
Solicitor and client costs is a complex area of law and you need an expert on your side.
If you would like to discuss your requirements please call our London office.
Who is the unexpected major player in the mortgage market?
If you were to list the biggest mortgage lenders in the UK, there’s a fair chance most of us would be able to guess the big names. However, just outside the top 10 is a lender, who not everyone can … Continue reading
Lichfield 10K 2019
Keelys running team was out in force at the recent Lichfield 10K with newbie to the team Paul beating rival in the Employment department Tom on his debut run.
Current divorce rates hide truth of modern family life
Here in the UK, the divorce rate has hit a low not seen since the early 1970s, but this is a classic case of where statistics give a somewhat skewed view of the subject. Scratching beneath the surface, it appears … Continue reading
Employment Team Expands
We are delighted to announce that Emma Spandrzyk has joined our employment law team. Emma is an experienced employment solicitor and joins us from the police, where she was working as an in-house employment lawyer. Emma will help service our … Continue reading
- Tel: 0207 422 8690
- Email: email@example.com