We offer the following services:
Services For Insurers:
- Advising on individual bills of costs or issues surrounding costs generally
- Negotiation of claims from the presentation of costs through to settlement
- Strategic costs advice and planning in individual cases
- Strategic costs litigation; particularly at appellant level and in the Court of Appeal
- Advocacy at detailed assessments, applications or any hearing, whether in chambers or open court where costs are in issue. We have advocates who have rights of audience in every civil court, including the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Client training and in house presentations
- The drafting of formal pleadings, including Part 8 (costs only) originating process, court applications, formal points of dispute, etc
Services for Lawyers:
- Our advocacy team can undertake detailed assessments / applications or other costs hearings on an agency basis almost anywhere in England.
- We can deal with all types of claim; from run of the mill low value assessments to multi million pound hearings involving complex points of law.
- Our costs draftsmen can draft detailed and professional bills of costs for all types of claim. We are also able to negotiate on your behalf and serve replies / attend assessments if required.
- Please note that this service is only available to Defendants.
Services for the Public:
- Is your Solicitor’s bill of costs too high?
Keelys can use their expertise to help reduce your liability for costs to reasonable levels. We can help advise on bills and invoices, negotiate on your behalf, issue proceedings to have the costs assessed by a judge and represent you at an assessment hearing.
Solicitor and client costs is a complex area of law and you need an expert on your side.
If you would like to discuss your requirements please call our London office.
Marriage invalidates wills second time around
As most of you will be aware, we are currently at the height of the marriage season with June being the most popular month for marriages. Throughout the UK, people are gathering in front of friends and family to make … Continue reading
Keelys welcomes Sonali on board
Here at Keelys Solicitors we are always delighted to welcome new legal talent and are pleased to announce the appointment of Sonali Obhrai who has joined us as a family law expert. Sonali is an experienced solicitor in this sensitive … Continue reading
Dramatic rise in investigations into Lasting Powers of Attorney abuse
It is alarming to learn of recent news that the government carried out nearly 50% more investigations concerning abuse complaints regarding lasting powers of attorney (LPA) last year. The Office of the Public Guardian received 5,245 claims that attorneys were … Continue reading
Lichfield Pancake Race 2019
Keelys newest recruits, Lorraine Dewar and Sian Peverill from the Corporate Department, take part in the annual Lichfield Pancake Race.
- Tel: 0207 422 8690
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org