We offer the following services:
Services For Insurers:
- Advising on individual bills of costs or issues surrounding costs generally
- Negotiation of claims from the presentation of costs through to settlement
- Strategic costs advice and planning in individual cases
- Strategic costs litigation; particularly at appellant level and in the Court of Appeal
- Advocacy at detailed assessments, applications or any hearing, whether in chambers or open court where costs are in issue. We have advocates who have rights of audience in every civil court, including the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Client training and in house presentations
- The drafting of formal pleadings, including Part 8 (costs only) originating process, court applications, formal points of dispute, etc
Services for Lawyers:
- Our advocacy team can undertake detailed assessments / applications or other costs hearings on an agency basis almost anywhere in England.
- We can deal with all types of claim; from run of the mill low value assessments to multi million pound hearings involving complex points of law.
- Our costs draftsmen can draft detailed and professional bills of costs for all types of claim. We are also able to negotiate on your behalf and serve replies / attend assessments if required.
- Please note that this service is only available to Defendants.
Services for the Public:
- Is your Solicitor’s bill of costs too high?
Keelys can use their expertise to help reduce your liability for costs to reasonable levels. We can help advise on bills and invoices, negotiate on your behalf, issue proceedings to have the costs assessed by a judge and represent you at an assessment hearing.
Solicitor and client costs is a complex area of law and you need an expert on your side.
If you would like to discuss your requirements please call our London office.
Tour de Cotswolds
Paul Roberts, Head of our Employment Department, has completed a 100 mile ride to raise funds for our client, St Giles Hospice. The route included four climbs in the Cotswolds including some which will be used in the Tour of … Continue reading
Age is no barrier as Keelys backs experience of life
Here at Keelys we have been raising a glass to two employees, who have both turned 70. Sue Morris and Yvonne Price are showing no signs of taking things easy as they move into their eighth decade. Secretary Sue joined … Continue reading
Homeowners triumph in claim against the garden’s most unwelcome plant
The mere mention of Japanese Knotweed is enough to send a chill down many a home buyer or seller. A hugely destructive plant, it can spell the end for many a property transaction and it’s for this reason that a … Continue reading
Civil Partnerships set for all after heterosexual couple win case
News that a heterosexual couple have won a lengthy legal bid for the right to have a civil partnership instead of a marriage could transform many people’s lives. The recent Supreme Court ruling in favour of London couple, Rebecca Steinfeld … Continue reading
- Tel: 0207 422 8690
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org