We offer the following services:
Services For Insurers:
- Advising on individual bills of costs or issues surrounding costs generally
- Negotiation of claims from the presentation of costs through to settlement
- Strategic costs advice and planning in individual cases
- Strategic costs litigation; particularly at appellant level and in the Court of Appeal
- Advocacy at detailed assessments, applications or any hearing, whether in chambers or open court where costs are in issue. We have advocates who have rights of audience in every civil court, including the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Client training and in house presentations
- The drafting of formal pleadings, including Part 8 (costs only) originating process, court applications, formal points of dispute, etc
Services for Lawyers:
- Our advocacy team can undertake detailed assessments / applications or other costs hearings on an agency basis almost anywhere in England.
- We can deal with all types of claim; from run of the mill low value assessments to multi million pound hearings involving complex points of law.
- Our costs draftsmen can draft detailed and professional bills of costs for all types of claim. We are also able to negotiate on your behalf and serve replies / attend assessments if required.
- Please note that this service is only available to Defendants.
Services for the Public:
- Is your Solicitor’s bill of costs too high?
Keelys can use their expertise to help reduce your liability for costs to reasonable levels. We can help advise on bills and invoices, negotiate on your behalf, issue proceedings to have the costs assessed by a judge and represent you at an assessment hearing.
Solicitor and client costs is a complex area of law and you need an expert on your side.
If you would like to discuss your requirements please call our London office.
Keelys proud to play a part in Connected Futures
Keelys were honoured to have played a part in the recent Connected Futures careers exhibition at nearby Staffordshire University. We were approached by the University Law School to give a talk at one of their Business/Commercial sessions for the annual … Continue reading
Keelys Cycle Networking
We have launched a new cycle networking event. On the last Friday of each month, we meet at 1pm at the Plough at Huddlesford, ride about 30 miles and then meet back at the Plough for a well-earned drink (and … Continue reading
Keelys welcomes local lady Sian on board
We at Keelys Solicitors are delighted to welcome a local Staffordshire girl, Sian Peverill, who has taken up a post as part of the corporate team. Living not so far away in Uttoxeter, and originally heralding from the Staffordshire and … Continue reading
Keelys proud as Jayne’s marathon challenge reaches its finale
Throughout the past year we at Keelys have been rooting for our own Jayne Whitehouse who set the challenge to take on 10 marathons to help fund research into type one diabetes. Jayne Whitehouse is hoping with one last push … Continue reading
- Tel: 0207 422 8690
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org