We offer the following services:
Services For Insurers:
- Advising on individual bills of costs or issues surrounding costs generally
- Negotiation of claims from the presentation of costs through to settlement
- Strategic costs advice and planning in individual cases
- Strategic costs litigation; particularly at appellant level and in the Court of Appeal
- Advocacy at detailed assessments, applications or any hearing, whether in chambers or open court where costs are in issue. We have advocates who have rights of audience in every civil court, including the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Client training and in house presentations
- The drafting of formal pleadings, including Part 8 (costs only) originating process, court applications, formal points of dispute, etc
Services for Lawyers:
- Our advocacy team can undertake detailed assessments / applications or other costs hearings on an agency basis almost anywhere in England.
- We can deal with all types of claim; from run of the mill low value assessments to multi million pound hearings involving complex points of law.
- Our costs draftsmen can draft detailed and professional bills of costs for all types of claim. We are also able to negotiate on your behalf and serve replies / attend assessments if required.
- Please note that this service is only available to Defendants.
Services for the Public:
- Is your Solicitor’s bill of costs too high?
Keelys can use their expertise to help reduce your liability for costs to reasonable levels. We can help advise on bills and invoices, negotiate on your behalf, issue proceedings to have the costs assessed by a judge and represent you at an assessment hearing.
Solicitor and client costs is a complex area of law and you need an expert on your side.
If you would like to discuss your requirements please call our London office.
Solid housing market welcome news for summer
As most people are aware, the housing market is always seen as an essential indicator of the economy and with that in mind, we at Keelys welcome a recent survey showing conveyancers in the UK have a substantial workload. Conveyancers … Continue reading
MANAGING CHANGE AND RISK: KEY ISSUES IN EMPLOYMENT LAW AND BENEFIT PROVISON
We will be presenting an employment law update as part of this event. We will cover: Balancing the rights of employers and employees Abolition of tribunal fees and the impact on claims Gender pay gap reporting Atypical workers: UBER and … Continue reading
CREATING A COLLABORATIVE WORKPLACE AND HR ROUNDTABLE
In conjunction with the Black Country Branch of the CIPD, we are offering a one hour taster session on creating a collaborative workplace, followed by a round table discussion, to enable you to discuss HR issues with colleagues in other … Continue reading
Stratford Marathon – 7 out of 10
The Stratford Marathon was Jayne’s seventh out of ten. It was a lovely course and the sun shone. Tania, Mark, Sharon and Natalie from the Keelys running team joined Jayne on the start line and ran the half marathon.
- Tel: 0207 422 8690
- Email: email@example.com