We offer the following services:
Services For Insurers:
- Advising on individual bills of costs or issues surrounding costs generally
- Negotiation of claims from the presentation of costs through to settlement
- Strategic costs advice and planning in individual cases
- Strategic costs litigation; particularly at appellant level and in the Court of Appeal
- Advocacy at detailed assessments, applications or any hearing, whether in chambers or open court where costs are in issue. We have advocates who have rights of audience in every civil court, including the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.
- Client training and in house presentations
- The drafting of formal pleadings, including Part 8 (costs only) originating process, court applications, formal points of dispute, etc
Services for Lawyers:
- Our advocacy team can undertake detailed assessments / applications or other costs hearings on an agency basis almost anywhere in England.
- We can deal with all types of claim; from run of the mill low value assessments to multi million pound hearings involving complex points of law.
- Our costs draftsmen can draft detailed and professional bills of costs for all types of claim. We are also able to negotiate on your behalf and serve replies / attend assessments if required.
- Please note that this service is only available to Defendants.
Services for the Public:
- Is your Solicitor’s bill of costs too high?
Keelys can use their expertise to help reduce your liability for costs to reasonable levels. We can help advise on bills and invoices, negotiate on your behalf, issue proceedings to have the costs assessed by a judge and represent you at an assessment hearing.
Solicitor and client costs is a complex area of law and you need an expert on your side.
If you would like to discuss your requirements please call our London office.
Final Countdown to GDPR
Not ready for GDPR yet? Don’t panic! Two of our solicitors will be explaining what practical steps HR managers need to take to get ready in Wolverhampton on 9th May. This event is organised in conjunction with the Black Country … Continue reading
Free Seminar: Managing Change and Risk: Key HR and Legal Changes in 2018
On Tuesday 6 March, Paul Roberts, Head of our Employment Department, will be presenting an employment law update as part of this event. He will cover: Balancing the rights of employers and employees Abolition of employment tribunal fees and the … Continue reading
Divorce needs sensitivity and is more than a start of year phenomenon
There is a tendency at the start of the year for many law firms, who deal in family law to discuss the issue of divorce more than at any other time. However, we at Keelys have to admit to being … Continue reading
Keelys Founding Father Passes Away
We deeply saddened that Stephen Keely, the founder of the firm over 35 years ago, passed away recently. He was 77. Those of us who knew and worked with Steve will remember him as a charismatic and inspirational man who … Continue reading
- Tel: 0207 422 8690
- Email: email@example.com